Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Blind Side

*** Stars

Did you happen to see the TV spots and movie trailers for the The Blind Side? They're awful; a completely recycled usage of Lifetime Channel original movies. Did you happen to see The Blind Side? It's good; a surprisingly original use of the sports movie genre.

Sandra Bullock gives an uplifting performance as Leigh Anne Tuohy, a white Christian from a white Christian family who decides to take in a homeless African-American named Michael Oher. To put it lightly, Michael has had a rough childhood. Out of the goodness of their heart, Leigh and her family take Michael into their home after they discover him walking home alone from school with no where to go. Once under their house, Michael learns to appreciate the aspects of family, and soon he becomes apart of it. They learn he has a knack for football. He gets good. Very good. Uplifting stuff right?

This is all stuff you already know. People are not going to see The Blind Side for the surprises, but surprisingly, what's good about The Blind Side is just this, the journey itself. Not the destination. The moments Bullock are on screen, the movie holds. Without her, that lifetime channel vibe afloats. An amazing story becomes a good movie. Not great, but I'll take that anyday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin to get real income.
It's all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

I am mixed with white and black so I have really really thick curly hair. I have never used any product that does as much as this one. I blow dry my hair until it's just damp and then put a ton of this

cream on it and it loosens my curls and they stay soft and without frizz all day long! I love this product so much, the only thing that sucks is how fast i go through it. I would recommend this product to

anyone with curls!! I would be happy to answer any questions about it!