Friday, August 07, 2009

G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra

* Star

It seems coherency and storytelling are but a luxury in 2009's summer blockbusters. From X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, to now the latest G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra, I am, in all seriousness, unable to sit down with you and tell you what these films are about.

I'm getting sick of writing reviews on these movies. And you must be just as tired of reading them. So here we are, another steaming pile of movie garbage forever cemented in our summer movie culture. I never thought I'd say this, but in terms of crap,
G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra comes dangerously close to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen on many occasions. While the latter is still the worst of the worst, G.I Joe is like its annoying little brother. I hate both of them. And you should too.

So as the summer comes to a close, I advice you to check out what will be the last two worthy films of the summer, Inglorious Basterds (which is a masterpiece and absolutely one of the best films of the year) and District 9. For now though, enjoy Hollywood at its worst with G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

1 comment:

Vincent said...

GI Joe and Transformers made Wolverine look like a masterpiece