Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Omen

1/2 Stars

This frame by frame remake of the 1976 original is a dud- a disappointment from start to finish. I would rather take a trip to the dentist, do the cleaning myself then give my clean teeth to a dog to play with.

An American diplomat named Robert Thorn endures devastating news when his newborn son dies. Although, he doesn't tell his wife Katherine...(um, what?). I guess Thorn knows the news will devastate who had suffered two previous miscarriages. So like any other father, a priest convinces him to take another child born that night and call it his own. They call him Damien, who coincidently is the Anti-Christ. I guess the film needed a reason for it to be scary. And it is scary, the fact that a husband would do this to his wife. If the child gave that dog his teeth to play with (in the picture above), that would have been an interesting premise.

No comments: